Servings: 4 people
- 350 g beetroot
- 175 g carrot
- 1 onion
- 200 ml tomato juice
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Salt & Pepper
- 150 ml soured cream
- Peel and chop the vegetables finely.
- Add to saucepan with tomato juice, vegetable stock and caraway seeds.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
- If using pressure cooker, reduce vegetable stock to 200ml and cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pureé in liquidiser or with stick blender.
- Allow to cool.
- Garnish with a swirl of soured cream