BrookLodge Wild Garlic Pesto
- 50 g wild garlic leaves
- 25 g nuts pine, cashew, hazel or chestnuts
- 200 ml organic olive oil or Irish organic rapeseed oil
- 400 g parmigiano-reggiano or really mature hard Irish farmhouse cheese grated
- organic black pepper and sea salt
- Blitz the nuts and half the oil in a food processor.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Add the wild garlic and remaining oil.
- Blitz until desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Simple recipes are not always the easiest, it's taken us years to get this just right. Any of the nuts, oils or cheeses will make a fabulous, fresh, spring-tasting pesto....we're just not stating exactly which go into our Strawberry Tree Wild Garlic Pesto.