These buttermilk creams are also delicious with roast peaches, apricots, nectarines, or rhubarb in season.
- 2 sheets of gelatine use 3 sheets of gelatine if you plan to unmould each one
- 350 ml organic buttermilk
- 60 g caster sugar
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 250 ml cream
- Fresh mint leaves
- 6 x 110ml glasses or white china pots
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, bring 100ml of the buttermilk to the boil with the sugar and a vanilla pod.
- Drain the softened gelatine sheets and discard the water.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the gelatine to the buttermilk and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool and whisk in the remaining buttermilk and cream.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and add to the cream. Mix well.
- Pour into 6 small pots or moulds. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- Sprinkle each little pot with primroses and a few fresh mint leaves. Alternatively, unmould into a deep soup plate and garnish as above.