Pears in Red Wine
A tasty way to use up any of that leftover red wine from Christmas.
- 4 hard pears
- 50 g Demerara sugar
- 250 ml red wine
- cream whipped
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Peel the pears, halve lengthwise and remove the core.
- Place in a single layer in an oven-proof dish and sprinkle over the sugar.
- Mix the wine with 250ml water and pour over the pears.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Lift the pears out and place on a serving dish.
- Transfer the liquid to a saucepan, boil briskly until reduced by half.
- Pour over the pears.
- Serve pears hot or cold with whipped cream