Spinach & Mushroom Lasagne
Servings: 4 people
- baking dish
- 8 lasagne sheets
- 800 g spinach
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 350 g cottage cheese
- Salt & pepper
- 250 g mushrooms
- 25 g butter
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 75 g cheddar
- Pre-heat oven to Gas 6, 200°C.
- Lightly oil a baking dish.
- If using dried, cook the lasagne sheets or use fresh lasagne.
- Wash spinach, drain loosely, cook in covered saucepan without adding extra water for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain spinach and chop finely, return to saucepan with salt and pepper.
- Add butter and majoram to spinach. Stir well to melt butter.
- Allow spinach to cool and then add the cottage cheese.
- Slice the mushrooms and cook in butter, in covered saucepan on low heat for 10 minutes to extract juice.
- Add stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pureé mushrooms in liquidiser or with stick blender and add soy sauce.
- Layer spinach, lasagne, mushroom sauce, repeat ending with mushroom sauce.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar over top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until cheese bubbling and golden.