In Spring the air in the local forest is heavy with the smell of wild garlic. The pretty white flowers mix with the bluebells and primroses. Both the bulbs and leaves of wild garlic are used in this soup and the pretty flowers are divine sprinkled over the top of each soup bowl.
Servings: 4 people
- 50 g butter
- 150 g potatoes peeled & chopped
- 100 g onions peeled & chopped
- 1 l water or vegetable or chicken stock
- 250 ml milk
- 150 g wild garlic chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Garnish: Wild garlic flowers
- Melt the butter in heavy bottomed saucepan, when it foams, add the potatoes and onions and toss them until well coated.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cover and sweat on a gentle heat for 10 minutes.
- When the vegetables are almost soft but not coloured add the stock and milk, bring to the boil and cook until the potatoes and onions are fully cooked.
- Add the wild garlic and boil with the lid off for 4-5 minutes approx. until the wild garlic is cooked.
- Do not overcook or the soup will lose its fresh green colour.
- Puree the soup in a liquidiser or food processor.
- Taste and correct seasoning.
- Serve sprinkled with a few wild garlic flowers.